The Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School is actively seeking an Inspirational, Motivated instructor to join our team in the role of Day Program Facilitator. This position will assist in managing and maintaining the quality of our Teambuilding, Challenge Course, Professional, and Police Youth Challenge Programs.
The Day Program Facilitator will be responsible first and foremost, to facilitate day programs and will be responsible to assist in managing growth and program quality. An organized person who can embody our organizational mission and wants to help us take our day teambuilding and leadership programs to the next level, should apply.
- Daily Facilitation
- Staff Skills Training
- Safety Management
- Customer Service and Coordination
- Program Leadership
- Challenge Course Equipment and Grounds Management
About the Program:
Our one-day Team and Character-Building program consist of 8-10 core facilitators and many part-time staff, who spend their days engaged with client groups in activities that foster collaborative problem-solving, constructive communication, a supportive environment, adventure, and discovery. The programs include Insight, Police Youth Challenge and Outward Bound Professional.
The current high-ropes challenge course includes five team-belayed elements (40-ft climbing wall, Power Pole, dual climb Ships Passing/Grapevine, Flying V, and Lilly Pads), two tree-houses, 7 low elements (Meuse, Line Up Log, Whale Watch, Spiders Web, Nitro Crossing, Team Wall, Towers, and Triangle Traverse), and a static Aerial Teams Course with two zip lines.
A classic Insight program day utilizes both low and high elements and progresses students along an arch of learning which starts with foundations of trust and skill building, then challenges that skill and trust during high adrenaline scenarios, and finally metaphorically transfers lessons back to a participant’s real life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train staff in safety, judgement, and decision
- Follow and monitor all ACCT Safety Policies and Charter Operating Policies and Procedures.
Staff Skills Training:
- Competent to deliver engaging and outcomes-driven training to staff on facilitation 101 and basic technical
- Inform program perspective in diversity, trauma-informed programming, and cultural competency.
- Manage staff documentation including training logs, observations, and evaluations.
Customer Service and Coordination:
- Professional, timely, and clear communication with client point of contact. Be able to understand and design desired program
- Gain deep knowledge of our programs and what they provide to our customers and convey that clearly and articulately to all
- When assigned, manage daily programming
- Inspire mission delivery and service in all
Challenge Course Equipment and Grounds Management:
- Manage equipment inspection cycles including required documentation, inventory, inspection, rotation, and
- Monitor the safety and operation of challenge course elements while in use by instructional staff and student
- Assist in conducting routine internal inspections and maintenance of all low and high challenge course elements. Conduct routine cleaning and maintenance of BCBOBS challenge course equipment and supplies.
- Maintain grounds around challenge course areas, coordinate needed services.
Knowledge and Skills
- ACCT, Charter Operating Policies and Procedures, Emergency Response Plan, and other Standard Operating Procedures
- Basic First Aid and CPR training required, Wilderness First Responder Training preferred
- Outward Bound Philosophy and History
- Group Development and Experiential Learning Theory
- Team management
- Teaching, training, and demonstration expertise
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and Google apps
- Experienced in working with a range of backgrounds and ages as colleagues, clients, and participants
- Project management and organization skills
- Able to work outdoors regardless of weather and season
- Able to lift and transport 30-50 lbs. of gear several times a day
- Be sufficiently fit to participate in all required activities
- Able to maintain energy, strength and focus to assist students and staff with physical and emotional challenges
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must successfully pass a State of Maryland and a FBI Criminal Background Check and a driving record check
Compensation & Benefits
Total salary compensation for the contracted period is semi- monthly at a rate of $1200 each pay on the 7th and 22nd. Benefit package includes CV Accident Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and eligibility for 401K (+employer match) after one year of employment.
This is a Full Time Seasonal Position estimated to begin around April 1st and conclude approximately October 31st Hours are generally Monday – Friday and occasional required weekends (comp days will be provided during the previous or following week).
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to Avi Rubinsky, Program Manager, at email@example.com
Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School is an EOE/ADA employer. Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School prohibits discrimination against any student or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other category which may be protected by applicable state or federal law. Baltimore Chesapeake Bay Outward Bound School also promotes respect for all people and will not tolerate harassment based on any of these characteristics nor on differences based on gender identity or expression.